Privacy and cookies policy
At Max Spielmann we take the responsibility of looking after your personal data very seriously. This policy shows how we take the utmost care to ensure that your data is safe and secure with us so that you can be confident shopping on TescoPhoto.com. We also explain how we use your data to provide you with our services.
The TescoPhoto.com website and its associated applications are operated by Max Spielmann Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 06776700) whose registered office is at Timpson House, Claverton Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 9TT.
Max Spielmann operate the site on behalf of Tesco Stores Limited (Company Registration Number 519500) whose registered office is at Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA.
Max Spielmann is part of the Timpson Group who are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number Z5074849).
This policy explains how we may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy, together with the Terms and Conditions carefully as by accessing the website or associated applications you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the site.
- register an account on the site.
- buy, or attempt to buy, products or services on the site.
- upload your photographs to the site and design products.
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- contact customer services in any way.
Depending on how you use our services the types of information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your password
- Your location
- Your billing address(es)
- Your shipping address(es) or the stores(s) where you opt to collect orders
- Your phone number(s)
- Your images or other content you upload to the site
- Whether or not you agree to marketing emails
- Your Clubcard number
- Details about 3rd parties that you share with us such as the name, address and telephone number of someone you send an order to
- Information about how you use the site – like which pages you visit
- Information about what you order and when and how you order
- Correspondence between you and us
This is an indicative list only and other personal information may be collected from time to time.
Note: we do not store your payment details.
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand what you need from us. We only collect the information necessary for us to provide you with our services. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the site.
- personalise and provide our services to you.
- administer and operate your account.
- process your orders and allocate Clubcard points to your account.
- tell you about important changes to the site and our services.
- understand your shopping behaviour to develop and improve our products and services.
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- process your data to pursue our legitimate interests (or your legitimate interests or those of a third party)
- offer promotions, products, services and communications that are most likely to interest you, on the basis of legitimate interest
How we use and keep your images.
We only use your images to print items that you order from us and we do not keep them for any longer than necessary (see “Retention of your personal data”). We take the utmost care to ensure that your images are kept safe at all times and are only shared with colleagues who need them to either print any items that you order or to provide customer service to you.
Any images that you upload will be kept for no more than 30 days if you do not go ahead and order the item(s) you have designed. If you start creating a photobook then your project and your images will be deleted 30 days after you last made an edit to your book.
If you order an item then your images will be retained for long enough for us to reprint your order in case of a problem such as a quality or delivery issue.
Other personal information relating to your account and your orders will be retained so that we can provide you with customer support.
Some of our products are produced for you by trusted third parties appointed by us. We only share the information that they need to produce your items. For example, only the images that will be printed on the item(s) they are producing and only your name, address and telephone number to enable them to deliver your item(s).
If you add a Clubcard number to your Tesco Photo account or enter one during checkout we will share your information with Tesco so that they can add Clubcard points to your Clubcard account. The only information that we share with Tesco is your Clubcard number and the value of your order(s).
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside:
a) Tesco who own the website for whom we operate the site
b) the Tesco Group
c) Timpson Group who are the parent company of Max Spielmann
- where we have your consent
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law
- to other companies who provide a service to us, our sub-contractors or partners who produce some of the items available for you to order. All of these companies act strictly on our instructions
- or to any successors in title to our business.
We ensure that the trust you place in us is reflected in the protection we provide when storing your data. We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical processes to safeguard your personal data. We regularly review our processes to ensure they meet our high standards.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to protect your personal data. In the case of information stored in the USA we ensure that our partners work within the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
We may contact you:
- with offers and information about the products and services we offer via the site
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
- when it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or your legitimate interests or those of a third party)
Of course the choice is entirely yours but if you say that you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
When you place an order online, we will send you direct marketing emails unless you choose to opt out by unticking the check box at the checkout. When creating a Tesco Photo account online, you will need to actively opt in to receive marketing communications by ticking the check box.
You can opt in or out of marketing communications at any time by visiting "Your Account" in the top menu, clicking "My Account" and then checking or unchecking the relevant tick box. Alternatively, you can opt out from the link in the footer of any of our marketing emails.
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our service. From time to time we may contact you to ask your opinions but we will only do this if you are opted in to marketing communications.If you are not opted in to marketing communications we will only contact you with transactional information. For example, about:
- items that you have placed in your basket but not checked out.
- orders that you place on the site – for example to confirm orders you have placed and to update you about the status of your orders.
- deletion of your projects if they are not edited regularly.
- expiry of any product credits that you have purchased.
- questions you have asked us.
- to personalise your visit and to enable you to use some of the features of the site.
- to improve the way in which the site works by allowing us to understand how you use the site. These cookies collect mostly anonymous data that is aggregated across all visitors to the site.
- to deliver relevant online advertising to you. From time to time we may advertise our services on other organisations’ websites. The cookies that we use to do this can collect information about your online behaviour including your IP address, which website you arrived at our site from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. You may then see adverts from us on other organisations’ websites. These cookies are placed on our site by advertising networks with our permission.
You can use your browser settings to manage cookies. The ‘help’ menu of most browsers will tell you how to adjust your cookie preferences. However, if you decide to disable cookies used on Tesco Photo you may find that the site does not operate as intended.
To obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you please write to: Data Compliance Manager, Colleague Support Department, Timpson Group PLC, Timpson House, Claverton Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 9TT or click here to contact us.
If any of the details we hold about you are incorrect please let us know and we will amend them.
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of 20th May 2022. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and will keep it up to date so please visit this page again to check for the latest version.
If you have any questions about how we collect, keep and use your personal data please click here to contact us.